Carrying out a travel survey is a key part of developing a travel plan. It will provide information about:
- Current travel to a particular site
- Opportunities for promoting sustainable modes of travel
- Barriers to the use of sustainable modes of travel
- Potential measures to support the use sustainable modes of travel.
- It will also provide baseline data which will help with setting targets and the ongoing monitoring of the travel plan.
Cardiff Council can provide free bespoke online or paper travel surveys for organisations. Sample surveys – a short ‘snapshot’ survey as well as a more detailed travel survey – can be downloaded here.
For more information contact the Travel Plan Officer on: